Our client is growing their Business Intelligence team and they need a Senior BI Engineer. They are looking for someone with a deep background in BI technology. A problem solver who can take on the design an implementation of various processes, and who understands the needs of a growing business. You will be involved in all phases of data warehousing from inception to implementation. STM currently uses the full Microsoft SQL Server BI stack and is looking to add additional tools as required.
This person will fill an essential role in the continued build out and refactoring of the existing STM BI solutions. They are looking to greatly expand the use of SSAS and data mining to support their portfolio of growing e-commerce and media websites.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with internal and external clients to understand business requirements
- Design and implement parts of the data warehouse data model
- Design and implement ETL flows for the data warehouse
- Design, implement and deliver reports based on business requirements
- Design and implement an OLAP Cube database and build reports using MDX
- Understand the source systems and source data in detail and become a SME on them
- QA any work done by self and other team members
- Document all of the design and development artifacts
- Troubleshoot and support all BI related production processing
- Understand the current reporting environment and use that knowledge to continuously improve the enterprise data warehouse.
- 4+ years experience in the design, development, and testing of Data Warehouse implementations
- 4+ years of experience with SQL and Relational Databases
- 5+ years of overall software industry experience
- Experience with MS SQL Server is a must; preferably 2005 or 2008
- Deep knowledge of dimensional modeling and experience with it on at least 2 large projects
- Experience with ETL tools (SSIS)
- Experience with Reporting tools (esp. OLAP reporting) (SSAS)
- Ability to communicate and work with both technical and non-technical team members
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, teamwork, and issue resolution
- A problem-solving mindset; the individual should be highly motivated and self-directed
- Strong Experience with MS BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) is a big plus
- Experience with Apache Hadoop/Hive integration is also a big plus.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill Staffing Group is an EEO Employer.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Technologies, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill Legal, and Beacon Hill HR by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.