Our client is the world's leading entertainment intelligence platform serving data to 100 million consumers a month via an API that supports hundreds of queries a second to mobile devices, websites and applications. They are looking for a senior engineer to help lead their team build the best entertainment intelligence products and grow their database of detailed data about 30 million songs and almost 1.5 million artists. This role requires an individual contributor engineer who can both write code and help the team design and build out our architecture. You must be comfortable with a hands-off self-driven management style.
The perfect candidate is passionate about data, has a proven track record as a developer and leader, and can learn new things quickly. They use the latest technologies to support their stack: You'll be handed a Macbook Pro and SSH keys and they'll want you to be up and running in a day or two, committing production code.
- Scale current platform to handle 10 times the current volume of data and queries.
- Architecture to improve our distributed data model to handle fully automated data ingestion and processing.
- Available web services to support globally distributed applications and music services using the Echo Nest API.
- Day-to-day development on our platform.
- 4+ years of development
- ability to write readable, highly efficient code
- experience with large scale distributed systems
- enjoy technical challenges and constantly strive to improve existing systems
- demonstrated experience working in Agile environment
- Linux administration and ops experience
- experience working with a startup
- education: a BA/BS or MS in computer science or equivalent
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill Staffing Group is an EEO Employer.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Technologies, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill Legal, and Beacon Hill HR by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.