Beacon Hill Technologies is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer for a 8 month contract opportunity with a possibility for extension and/or permanent employment for one of our clients located in Miami, FL. This person will be responsible for installation, configuration and support of LAN, WAN and Internet systems, to include network and server hardware, software and server operating systems. They will also provide timely business data solutions to support business decisions both independently and as part of a team.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose network, hardware, and software problems; take corrective action.
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and hardware, and operating system software.
- Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Stay abreast of advances in technology, identify which new technologies would benefit our environment, research the identified technology, and implement it or recommend its implementation.
- Develop standards and guidelines to guide the support, maintenance, and use of new systems.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Monitor network and systems performance in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Deploy new systems, including internally developed software, into staging/test environment, and upon successful testing, into production environment.
- Maintain proper control records.
- Provide second-level technical assistance to end-user support staff
- Special assignments as needed.
Proficiency with any of the 2 areas:
- Server Hardware & OS - HP Proliant, Cisco UCS running Windows 2003, 2008 R2 in AD environment and Redhat Enterprise Server
- Database - MS SQL 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, SSIS (Integration Services), SSRS (Reporting Services)
- Web Server - MS IIS 7.5, Apache
- Networking - Cisco switches and routers, RiverBed WAN Acceleration appliances
- Security - PaloAlto firewalls and VPN, Juniper SA Appliance
- SAN/NAS - Network Appliance (NetApp)
- Applications - MicroStrategy, Exchange, MS CRM, MS GreatPlains/Dynamics GP, MS Office, Lync
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 4- 5 years of experience. (equivalent work experience will be considered)
- VMware vSphere 4.1 Enterprise plus
- Experience with systems designed to support supply chain management activities preferred
- MCSE, VCP & CISCO certifications are a plus
- Development capabilities : Scripting, Powershell, VB.net
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill Staffing Group is an EEO Employer.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Technologies, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill Legal, and Beacon Hill HR by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.