Our client in the Cleveland area is looking for an IT WAN LAN Architect on a 6 month contract to hire basis.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to support our client's computer users and network infrastructure at various office and manufacturing facilities globally. The position will be based in the local Cleveland area - and travel will be required throughout the United States, Europe and Asia.
Candidate must be able to assists in the development and maintenance of network communications throughout our client's IT Enterprise. Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks. Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements; provide support and troubleshooting for computer hardware; including network equipment & related routers, switches, wireless access points, servers, telephony and long haul communication lines. Must have the ability to support various internet working technologies such as Cisco, Dell, HP, F5, and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact with users at all levels, from all nationalities.
- Must have a current valid passport or be able to pass a background check to obtain a passport.
- Must speak, read and write fluent in English, other languages are a bonus.
- Must have strong working knowledge of and the ability to troubleshoot computer hardware; including network equipment & related servers, telephony, wireless technologies and long haul communication lines.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Cisco IOS and Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003/2008.
- Must have knowledge of network cabling and physical configuration. Must have working knowledge of network hardware including routers, switches, firewalls, WLAN Controllers, and WAPs.
- Must have experience working within a Windows-based network, utilizing Active Directory.
- Must be organized and efficient with the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment supporting both office and manufacturing facilities.
- Must be willing to travel to our client's facilities in the US, UK, EU and AP as required. Travel may exceed 50% initially, but may be reduced as remote tools and network stability are established.
- Must have the equivalent of a US Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology - OR - equivalent training and work experience.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education and technical experience
- Certifications - Cisco CCNA or CCNP, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ Microsoft (any), Any other applicable IT certifications
- Knowledge of telephone systems, traditional and VoIP
- Multi-lingual - English, (German, Chinese, Czech, French, Italian are a plus)
- Manufacturing environment experience (preferred)
- Excellent collaboration skills, with other IT functions as well as the business.
- Strong internal customer orientation and customer centricity.
- Excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills required.
- Broad infrastructure technology experience in the areas of PCs, servers, storage, messaging, mobile computing, security, desktop software management & distribution.
- Global experience influencing others and building teams.
- 5+ years of experience supporting Microsoft-based enterprise computing systems. Proven ability to lead a helpdesk team. Computing environment issue prioritization and escalation experience
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. There may be moderate to heavy lifting required in moving computer equipment on occasion.
- This position is global in scope.
- This position requires 24/7 availability, including use of a cell phone off hours support and weekend on-call status.
- Travel 10% or more as required
Please reference job code, T-WAN-MFN when responding.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill Staffing Group is an EEO Employer.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Technologies, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill Legal, and Beacon Hill HR by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.