Beacon Hill Technologies has a contract to hire opportunity for an experienced LAN/WAN Network Engineer in a rapidly growing organization.
Sr. Network Architect Job Description
The primary responsibility of this position will be to support our client's computer users and network infrastructure at various office and manufacturing facilities globally. The successful candidate must be able to assist in the development and maintenance of network communications throughout the global Enterprise. Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks. Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements to routers, switches, wireless access points, servers, telephone and long haul communication lines.
In addition, the role includes a significant security component. The Architect will propose new infrastructure, recommend enhancements to existing systems and generally ensure the robustness of the IT Security posture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must have strong working knowledge of and the ability to troubleshoot computer hardware; including network equipment & related servers, telephony, wireless technologies and long haul communication lines
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Cisco IOS and Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003/2008
- Must have knowledge of network cabling and physical configuration. Must have working knowledge of network hardware including routers, switches, firewalls, WLAN Controllers, and WAPs
- Must have experience working within a Windows-based network, utilizing Active Directory
- Must be organized and efficient with the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment supporting both office and manufacturing facilities
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education and technical experience
- Certifications - Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, or CISSP), CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ Microsoft
- Knowledge of telephone systems, traditional and VoIP
- Manufacturing environment experience (preferred)
- Excellent collaboration skills, with other IT functions as well as the business
- IT Security experience including LAN/WAN, firewalls, servers and related components
- Strong internal customer orientation and customer centricity
- Excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills required
- Broad infrastructure technology experience in the areas of PCs, servers, storage, messaging, mobile computing, security, desktop software management & distribution
- Global experience influencing others and building teams
- 10+ years of experience supporting networks in an enterprise computing system. Computing environment issue prioritization and escalation experience
- 5+ years of strong IT security experience
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill Staffing Group is an EEO Employer.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Technologies, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill Legal, and Beacon Hill HR by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.