Our client in the Cleveland, Ohio area is looking for an experienced QA Manager. This is a direct hire position.
This position is responsible for ensuring optimal quality assurance execution to ensure effective solutions are provided that meet customer's needs. This position manages a team of quality assurance specialists to deliver error-free software solutions. The quality teams are responsible for performing system and integration tests, managing the alpha and beta tests, and producing focused, error-free Systems solution in accordance with usability, performance and functional standards.
Leadership responsibilities include: managing the quality assurance process, ensuring the quality assurance specialists understand their role, providing training as needed, ensuring the general release only occurs with successful beta test results; developing and/or assisting in developing work plans and estimates for the testing phases of software projects, ensuring adherence to standards relative to the usability and quality assurance aspects of assigned projects, identifying, establishing, and leading continuous improvement initiatives for the department, and participating in the leadership and strategies of other teams.
Areas of quality assurance guidance may include current operating standards, testing methodologies, documentation standards, estimating and determining work effort, adherence to work plans, and usability and navigation standards. This position is responsible for providing stakeholders with an escalation person who will assist with problem resolution in a timely manner, answer questions, and ensure that quality assurance services are delivered.
- Manages the Quality team and ensures all software products pass quality standards
- Defines and owns the Quality Assurance Testing methodology
- Represents Quality team in leadership meetings and strategy sessions
- Owns and manages all of the quality assurance aspects of software development projects.
- Works with project manager to schedule and monitor the progress of development projects through the quality assurance process.
- Prepares and manages work plans to accomplish each software release's goals from a quality assurance perspective.
- Report status and progress of quality assurance efforts to management peers
- Follows and ensures team follows prescribed quality assurance methodology.
- Manages the quality processes through all phases of testing cycles.
- Provides feedback on software designs ensuring the usability standards are followed.
- Leads the development of appropriate test scripts to reflect test scenarios and details needed to perform the various types of tests on assigned projects, according to the project's design specifications and according to the type of test being conducted (e.g. application, regression, system, etc.).
- Leads the team that executes test scripts and provides team members with defect details of situations that do not meet expected results.
- Builds test scripts and performs testing as necessary to support team.
- Consults with appropriate project owner, as necessary, regarding issues found during testing that fall outside the scope of the design specifications, to determine appropriate handling.
- Gives final quality approval of all assigned software enhancements or changes before release.
- Leads the quality assurance team and works with the team and/or company members, as necessary, to manage the internal alpha and dealer beta testing period, including:
- Assesses issues reported by testing resources and prioritizes for resolution
- Contacts dealers in preparation for the beta test, assessing issues reported by the dealers.
- Works with other team members to help resolve, test and prepare the solutions for implementation
- Communicates the status of the solutions through the quality process
- Develops and maintains a highly motivated team environment to maximize staff efficiencies.
- Works with staff to identify areas for personal development and establishes plans to address.
- · Conducts technical interviews of staff or consultant candidates.
- Performs orientation and training new individuals in the department.
- Continually assesses staff development needs and provides opportunities and tools for development.
- Works with team to monitor and improve quality methods and measures according to defined goals.
- Consistently performs work according to the prescribed methodology, so as to attain repeatability and consistency from project to project.
- Maintains competency in testing procedures and techniques.
- Stays on top of Quality Testing industry trends and tools.
- Assists department in assessing, documenting, and implementing testing policies and procedures, system reference materials, user interface standards, and departmental procedural and performance improvements.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration is required.
- Minimum 7-10 years of successful quality assurance experience in a technology environment.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience in a technology environment.
- Demonstrated experience in software testing methodologies and best practices.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills to effectively provide and receive information relative to assigned projects and lead staff within the work area.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills to identify and explain required solutions.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to handle changing priorities tight schedules.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and quality measures.
- Demonstrated experience with project methodology.
- Experience with automated testing tools is a plus.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill Staffing Group is an EEO Employer.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Technologies, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill Legal, and Beacon Hill HR by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.