Our client provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. They are committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Their organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
We are currently seeks a Mid-level Software Engineer to work in our Boston location.
The person will work with software engineers and senior business and operation management personnel to develop web based systems used by state agencies to process, validate, and pay medical costs; and for use by medical services providers on behalf of states. These systems require the development of user interfaces, business rules, database queries and stored procedures and application maintenance.
This position entails participating as a software engineer on a mix of new development as well as troubleshooting and resolving issues to legacy applications that are in production.
- Assist in design and development of web-based, n-tier, enterprise Medicaid payment processing system.
- Ensure that these solutions are aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards.
- Develop web based software applications using ASP.NET technologies and adhere to design patterns such as MVC.
- Code front-end and back-end code at the request of project management including writing code behind and SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Code, install, test and debug user interfaces using appropriate tools or editors
- Model user interface prototypes based on collected user requirements, test cases, and developmental objectives
- Collaborate with software development manager and developers to ensure prototypes can be efficiently implemented
- Create new user interface features and applications in conjunction with end-user requirements or business needs
- Implement usability tests throughout development lifecycle and analyze results for resolving GUI-design issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with proprietary or internally-developed user interfaces
- Provide on-going support on existing legacy web application systems to troubleshoot and resolve issues with processing and performance.
- 4 year college degree with a major in Computer Science or a related field of study
- Familiarity with T-SQL Query Language
- Conceptual understanding of application development methodologies, including Agile development
- Familiarity with code refactoring
- Familiarity with design tools such as Visio or PhotoShop
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Thorough and unrelenting attention to detail
- Fluent communication and interpersonal skills with customers, business teams, and technical colleagues
- Highly self motivated and directed
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Very strong customer service orientation
- Desire to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill Staffing Group is an EEO Employer.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Technologies, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill Legal, and Beacon Hill HR by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.