Our client on the east side of Cleveland has a Sr. Microsoft Administrator opening. This is a 6 month contract to hire position.
The Senior Microsoft System Administrator will be responsible for designing, planning and implementing high level, as well as
departmental projects with little or no supervision. Such projects include, but are not limited to e-mail, application virtualization,
remote access, file and print services, Active Directory, as well as implementation and support of payroll,
manufacturing and sales programs. Additionally, this position will be responsible to research, evaluate and recommend software,
hardware or cloud technologies that will support business needs.
Interaction with different business groups is vital within this role and requires an understanding of multiple business segments and
its impact on their functions. Professionalism and cooperation when working with customers, team members and management is essential.
The Senior Microsoft System Administrator is also responsible for providing escalation support and troubleshooting for incidents
reported by system monitoring, change requests, users support tickets or networking with IT peers. It will be necessary to offer
afterhours support as needed, especially when on-call rotation is assigned.
1. Provide business support with the ability to adjust to changing priorities often.
2. Responsible for project management based on the business plan. Research and analyze project
requirements, create and submit proposals, and implement approved project plans.
3. Understand and maintain standardization and documentation of technology and processes.
4. Knowledge of finance and budgets. Will be required to submit funding requests and budget proposals.
5. Perform hardware and software purchasing by interfacing with vendors and accounting.
6. Develop, design and configure systems and script automation.
7. Research, evaluate and recommend software, hardware and cloud technologies.
8. Perform testing and evaluation, including development lab activities for new technology solutions.
9. Develop, design and implement training plans to support business applications as required.
10. Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems with system configurations and hardware.
11. Provide escalation support for System Administrators.
12. Monitor performance, capacity and operational statistics for network operating systems,
applications and servers including e-mail systems, file and print systems, virus defense, web
services and remote access.
13. Configure and install system software and hardware for network operating systems, applications
and servers including, but not limited to, e-mail systems, file and print systems, virus defense,
web services and remote access.
14. Maintain system security including operating system security patches and virus defense.
EDUCATION EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
1. Four-year degree in Information Technology or equivalent vocational field is preferred.
2. Certification as a Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) Enterprise Administrator or
equivalent Microsoft certification is preferred.
3. VMWare or Citrix certification is preferred.
1. At least five years full time experience in a senior system administration position or equivalent
on the job training is required.
2. System administration of Cisco, Dell, HP and/or IBM servers. HP preferred.
3. System and application administration with Microsoft required. Citrix and VMware preferred.
4. At least three years in departmental application administration (e.g. Web applications,
administration of .Net Applications and SQL/Oracle based applications).
5. Vendor training in application/system technologies. Microsoft, Citrix or VMWare certifications preferred.
1. Strong professional verbal and written communication skills.
2. Ability to work with little supervision and within changing priorities.
3. Proficiency in Business Acumen
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill Staffing Group is an EEO Employer.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Technologies, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill Legal, and Beacon Hill HR by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.