Research Associate, NGS
September 21, 2022|
Job ID: 1307826_1663767276
September 21, 2022
Job ID: 1307826_1663767276
Job Id: 1307826_1663767276 Apply Now
Beacon Hill is seeking to hire a motivated research associate for a well-known biotechnology company in Boston!
Our client is developing therapeutic products to help people with genetic diseases. They apply CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing and gene therapy technologies to edit and restore genes to their normal, healthy sequence. We are a dedicated team driven to change patients' lives. As they build our team, they're excited to work with people who share their commitment and energy to making a difference.
How you will Achieve More here?
As Research Associate, you will help support the Amplicon Sequencing queue, which enables the company to make decisions and be on the cutting edge in development of using CRISPR/Cas9 as a life changing therapeutic.
- Learn all about Amplicon Sequencing and how we use it to answer scientific questions
- Not only learn how to use individual automation platforms, but get experience using a one of kind machine that combines multiple systems into one
- Help drive projects and improvement initiatives for Amplicon Sequencing, always looking to see how we can make it better
- Get exposure to the diverse groups here and support to explore developing career interests
- Troubleshoot and optimize, both independently and in collaboration with our team
We are looking for a candidate with BS in Molecular Biology with 1+ year relevant experience in academic or industrial setting. Exposure and passion for automation is preferred. If you have strong communications skills (written and oral), coupled with exceptional time management skills, attention to detail and enjoy working as a part of a team, we encourage you to apply!
- Teaching and helping users submit samples for sequencing
- Support high throughput NGS library preparation workflows using liquid handling automation
- Conducting library preparations and sequencing experiments independently to meet timelines
- Meeting with requesters to help troubleshoot sequencing problems
- Operating and maintaining Illumina NovaSeq, NextSeq and MiSeq platforms
- Help troubleshoot process issues and review metrics for passing specifications
- Working with molecular biology techniques such as DNA purification, shearing, adapter ligation, PCR, NGS library purification and quantification
- Support high throughput in-vitro CRISPR screening
- Managing multiple workflow queues/requests
- Works well in a team environment and is a true team player
- Excellent client management skills and communication
- Passion for automation
- Experience with high throughput NGS library preparation workflows
- Proficient in following, maintaining and writing SOPs
- Experience and knowledge of molecular biology techniques
- Experience with maintaining and plating a variety of immortalized and primary cell lines
- Experience with liquid handling platforms (preferably Hamilton)
- Strong time management and process oriented thinking
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively and independently
Meet your future team
The Genomics team are a fun, energetic, and passionate group of individuals, who are focused on pre-clinical NGS data support for IND or CTA packages. You will report directly to the Supervisor of Amplicon Sequencing of the Genomics Operation group. This position is within a large group that support many other workflows that enable Intellia to do great science. This includes compound management, a variety of NGS applications and more. All of which will provide the candidate with multiple areas inside and outside of the group for cross-training and exposure to cutting edge gene therapy development. The hiring manager values team work and a positive attitude above everything else. There is nothing that cannot be accomplished when you know a team has your back.
The team is currently working mostly onsite to execute NGS workflows in a wet-lab environment. While much of the day-to-day operations require wet-lab work, our team is focused on building not just technical expertise but fostering an environment for growth of scientists interested in a career in therapeutic biotechnology. If you join our team, you can expect to join a hardworking and collaborative environment. We look forward to fostering your skills, learning from your experiences, and building a larger team that will make a difference in patient's lives.1307826_1663767276
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™