Washington, District of Columbia|
Washington, District of Columbia
July 13, 2022|
Job ID: 1297741_1657744353
July 13, 2022
Job ID: 1297741_1657744353
Beacon Hill Staffing Group has recently teamed up with a non-profit looking to hire a Staff Accountant. The position reports to the Senior Accounting Manager and will be involved with general ledger maintenance and creating financial reports. The key reponsibilities are as follows:
- Independently ensure the timely and accurate recording of all regional activity and ensure that all reconciliations are completed in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Support required accounting and financial management training for SOI/HQ and Regional Office staff.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and analyses as directed (bank, petty cash, subsidiary, general ledger, fixed assets, prepaids, etc.) and work with staff on outstanding items.
- Prepare journal entries with proper accounting classifications in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyze and prepare reports to be utilized in SOI's financial statements and audit schedule preparation with other key finance staff.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination for audits and ensure appropriate documentation of policies and procedures
- In coordination with senior Finance staff, support SOI's monthly close process.
- Support ongoing improvements to policies, procedures, internal controls, and tools that realize greater operating efficiencies and enhanced customer service support as directed.
- Support effective communication and planning systems and processes with all Departments and other SOI Finance staff.
- Assist with facilitation of annual Budget and review of employee expense reports, as needed.
- Responsible for the effective completion of other duties as assigned.
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™