Bankruptcy Legal Assistant/Paralegal
West Palm Beach, Florida|
Direct (Permanent) Full Time|
West Palm Beach, Florida
Direct (Permanent) Full Time
September 05, 2023|
Job ID: 1344165_1693931670
September 05, 2023
Job ID: 1344165_1693931670
A national law firm is seeking a Litigation Paralegal/Legal Assistant for their busy Bankruptcy Litigation practice group in West Palm Beach, FL. The ideal candidate will have a Litigation background handling Business and Commercial Litigation. This is a fast-paced, high-volume Bankruptcy Litigation practice where excellent organizational and commercial litigation skills are mandatory.
Your Litigation Paralegal/Legal Assistant Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Familiarity with all aspects of complying with filing requirements and deadlines, including ability to draft pleadings and orders
- Must have experience preparing and e-filing documents including but not limited to complaints, discovery, and motion practice in Federal and/or State Courts (experience in Bankruptcy Court is helpful but not required)
- Coordinate and assist with trial preparations
- Handling multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously
- Heavy calendaring and scheduling for meetings, calls, deadlines, and proactively ensuring deadlines are met within bankruptcy estates
- Preparing and responding to extensive discovery
- Document management, organization, retrieval, and production
- Maintain case pleadings, correspondence, discovery, and research for large volume cases
- Prepare and finalize pleadings in accordance with applicable court rules
- Prepare for depositions, i.e., prepare documents electronically and all other discovery related tasks
- Organize and prepare exhibit lists and/or privilege logs
- Other duties assigned
- Attention to Detail
- Effective Verbal and Written Communication
- Planning and Organizing
- Time Management
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Minimum of two-to-five years of progressive experience as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal in a Commercial Litigation or Bankruptcy Litigation Practice
- Significant commercial litigation experience is required, including prior experience drafting motions and pleadings, e-filing, and preparing and responding to discovery
- Given that this position is in a bankruptcy department handling bankruptcy litigation, bankruptcy experience is helpful but not a requirement
- Substantial experience working with PDF, Microsoft Word, and office/client management software programs
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
Other jobs you might like...
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™