Business Litigation Legal Assistant
Direct (Permanent) Full Time|
Direct (Permanent) Full Time
September 19, 2023|
Job ID: 1345671_1695149053
September 19, 2023
Job ID: 1345671_1695149053
Seeking a Business Litigation Legal Assistant to join our team in Tampa, Florida. This Legal Assistant is responsible for:
- Experience working in a mid to large-size firm and collaboration with various firm-wide departments in handling multiple responsibilities, including case opening, conflicts checks, billing, training, records, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of the Rules of Procedure using various Court filing systems, must have experience filing pleadings in both Federal and State by the related Court requirements.
- Effective oral and written communication skills needed to draft and proofread correspondence, pleadings, and other legal documents.
- Experience tracking firm, attorney, and client expenses and using application software to process reimbursements and payments.
- Knowledge and ability to participate in the client billing process, including assisting attorneys in entering narratives, tracking billable tasks, making edits, calendaring billing due dates, and delivering bills to clients in electronic and paper forms.
- Schedule State Court hearings by Court requirements.
- Understand Court requirements to calculate deadlines and ensure the attorney and team meet them.
- Schedule client appointments in coordination with the attorney.
- Manage electronic and paper case files.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and other correspondence. Answer, screen, direct, and place telephone calls and emails.
- Consistently deliver outstanding client service and quality.
- The above description is intended to describe the general nature and work employees perform in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, equalize peak work periods, or otherwise balance the workload.
Education and Experience
- Must have five or more years of law firm experience, preferably as a litigation Legal Assistant.
- Experience working with multiple attorneys required.
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
Other jobs you might like...
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™