Defense Litigation Legal Assistant
Direct (Permanent) Full Time|
Direct (Permanent) Full Time
November 10, 2023|
Job ID: 1346761_1699622410
November 10, 2023
Job ID: 1346761_1699622410
Florida based law firm seeks a legal assistant to join the firm. Must have 2+ years of experience. Duties include drafting legal documents, managing case files, assisting in trial preparation, communicating with clients and maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information related to cases and clients. Compreshensive benefits package offered. Employee is eligible for hybrid work schedule after six months of employment.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Draft, review, revise, prepare, format, and edit comprehensive legal documents and other communications.
- Review all incoming mail, faxes and emails.
- Prepare and send outgoing mail.
- Open new files for new matters and new clients, including running conflict searches for new cases.
- Organize and manage client files by scanning, saving, filing, naming, and destroying, when appropriate, client data in paper and electronic formats.
- Effectively communicate with attorneys, clients, opposing counsel, and adjusters by email and phone.
- Calendar emails, e-filed documents, paper mail, hand-delivery and faxes.
- E-file and E-serve documents with attorney approval.
- Removing cases from state court to Federal court.
- Print and circulate e-filed documents.
- Schedule depositions, hearings, mediations and inspections.
- Answer attorney calls and take messages; forward calls as appropriate.
- Prepare attorney expense reports.
- Prepare for trial by organizing documents, binders, charts, graphs and other evidentiary exhibits under the direction of a paralegal and/or attorney.
- Prepare binders for depositions and mediations.
- Update client case lists to ensure accuracy.
- Update trial, mediation and case lists to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare pleadings and other court documents for attorney review.
- Review and release time for attorneys as directed.
- Make travel arrangements for attorneys.
- Process vendor invoices.
- Assisting in training of new hires.
- Providing coverage for other secretaries, receptionist, or litigation support clerks as necessary.
- Review pre-bills and distribute for revisions.
- Ensure pre-bills are accurate prior to sending bills to client.
- Send invoices to client and follow-up with clients on past-due invoices.
- Answer questions regarding billing, client budgets, expert invoices, client invoice appeals, etc.
- Complete projects as assigned.
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
Other jobs you might like...
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™