Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant
Los Angeles Metro Area, California|
$ 75,000 - $ 100,000 per year
Los Angeles Metro Area, California
$ 75,000 - $ 100,000 per year
November 05, 2023|
Job ID: 1354417_1699154078
November 05, 2023
Job ID: 1354417_1699154078
Beacon Hill Legal Los Angeles is working with a top global law firm on a search for an experienced Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant. Candidates must have 3-5 years experience as a Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant and have extensive experience with e-filing in State and Federal Courts. This is an in person position in Century City.
- Prepare legal pleadings for filings in all state and federal courts including proofreading and editing documents for accuracy, entering data into databases and ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Draft letters, memos, labels, envelopes, work reports, bills, travel expense reports and other reports, forms or legal documents as required and proof for accuracy.
- Balance and maintain good communication with clients, attorneys and other interpersonal relationships within the cluster and the firm.
- Prepare client billing and input time entry.
- Manage and maintain lawyers' busy calendars and schedule travel/ meeting arrangements.
- Serve as primary point of contact for clients in person and over the phone. Answer client questions related to the administrative side of the process.
- Prepare engagement letters, proofread client documents and other legal documents, as requested.
- Make, screen and route telephone calls, place conference calls and schedule appointments.
- Create and maintain legal files, indices and records.
- Assist attorneys with client outreach, business development needs, interrogatories and discovery when requested.
- Assist with overflow work as requested.
- Prepare complex litigation filings, civil, and probate
- E-file all court documents in state, federal, and appellate courts
- Prepare, maintain and organize legal document discovery documents and binders, interrogatories, responses, trial binders, exhibits, briefs and appendices
- Gather relevant information from a variety of sources
- Anticipate attorney's needs and prepare necessary documentation in draft for attorney's review, including miscellaneous correspondence
- Provide document production services, including drafting, styling, revising, proofreading, formatting and questioning inconsistences of documents including correspondence, memoranda and legal materials.
- Preform other duties assigned
- Minimum 3-5 years of litigation legal administrative assistant experience required.
- State (CA) and Federal e-filing experience is required.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Workshare Compare, Adobe, DMS and advanced use of MS Word (including redlining, comparing documents, advanced formatting, Table of Contents and Table of Authorities creation and manipulation, and hyperlinks).
- Knowledge of court rules for multiple jurisdictions is required so that the preparation and filing of court documents are in compliance with state and federal rules
- Qualified at scheduling and editing depositions
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with all levels of Firm personnel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Willing to participate in educational opportunities within the Firm
- High level of discretion while working with sensitive information and documents.
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task efficiently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to sit at a desk most of the working day and walk short distances.
- Needs manual dexterity, speed and accuracy in handling office equipment.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruption.
- Ability to work in close proximity to other individuals.
- Ability to carry light objects, e.g., files, small objects and supplies a short distance.
Our client requires all personnel in California offices be vaccinated against COVID-19, and if eligible, have received one booster shot, in order to access the Firm's California offices, attend Firm events in California or meet in person with other Firm personnel and/or clients in California. This position will require physical presence in our client's Los Angeles office on a weekly basis. Accordingly, any offer of employment is contingent, subject to reasonable accommodations, upon providing the Firm with necessary proof of vaccination. The Firm will keep all vaccination information, as well as any medical information, if applicable, confidential in accordance with applicable law.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon actual or perceived: race, color, age, religious creed, citizenship, citizenship status and alienage, nationality, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity or creed, disability, genetic information or medical condition, pregnancy or maternity, paternity, marital or civil partnership status, caregiver status, gender (including gender identity, expression, nonconformity, gender reassignment or status as a transgender individual), sex, sexual orientation or preference, veteran or military status or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let the hiring manager know.
Our client will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO).
Pursuant to the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO) we will consider qualified applicant with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information.
Bachelors or better in General Business.
Qualified candidates should email resume in WORD format to: LegalPermLAX@beaconhillstaffing.com
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
Other jobs you might like...
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™