Process Engineering Manager
Bridgewater, New Jersey|
Direct (Permanent) Full Time|
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Direct (Permanent) Full Time
February 06, 2024|
Job ID: 1362002_1707199208
February 06, 2024
Job ID: 1362002_1707199208
The Process Engineering Manager is responsible to direct and coordinate activities of the Process Engineering department to design, manufacture, and test components, products, and systems to drive efficiency, automation and cost reduction.
The Process Engineering Manager is expected to:
- Improve process rate to be equal to or better than standard costs
- Decrease scrap and MUV to be less than 5% combined
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects through Process Engineering resulting in a cost savings of 2% annually
- Achieve or improve OSHA recordable rate as defined by the company and industry
- Provides proactive and engaged management on key projects designed to increase revenue, reduce expenses, enhance business efficiency, and improve customer experience
- Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
- Coaches team on complex issues and helps them identify the correct evaluation process
- Provides technical direction, support and guidance to the organization for existing and transitioning processes.
- Measures and monitors the progress of projects to identify variances from the plan and makes needed corrections in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Transitions processes from New Product Development to commercialization and stabilization successfully
- Provides technical support and expertise to customers regarding process improvement solutions
- Directs department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Review and approve all Sampling Plan and Process changes
- Forecasts operating costs of department and directs preparation of budget requests.
- Advises management of any change in technological, environmental or regulatory developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs and customer relations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations and develops recommendations accordingly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety and environmental policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Analyzes technology trends, human resource needs, and market demands to plan projects.
- Confers with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Provides regular and timely feedback to employees, acknowledging success and the need for improvement.
- Develops and supports employees' career plans and learning opportunities.
- Creates a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Builds, develops and manages teams and resources to deliver profitable growth
Directly supervises multiple employees in the Process Engineering Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field is required. Master's degree in Engineering or related field is strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of engineering experience is required.
- 3-5 years of previous management experience is required.
- Must have demonstrated ability to synthesize complex or diverse information
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION
- PMP certification is preferred
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
Other jobs you might like...
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™