Litigation Legal Assistant
West Palm Beach, Florida|
Direct (Permanent) Full Time|
West Palm Beach, Florida
Direct (Permanent) Full Time
February 06, 2024|
Job ID: 1363331_1707179730
February 06, 2024
Job ID: 1363331_1707179730
National Law Firm seeks an experienced Litigation Legal Assistant with 5+ years of experience. Candidates must have a thorough knowledge of the law firm and practice-specific administrative processes and procedures, information technology systems, research tools, and a broad-based understanding of the clients, matters and associated practices.
- Proven ability and experience handling all administrative support needed to assist attorneys from inception to resolution with a sustained record of high-quality work.
- Using various court filing systems, must have experience filing pleadings in the state by the related court requirements. Federal experience is a plus.
- Collaborate with firm-wide departments handling multiple responsibilities, including case opening, conflict checking, billing, training, records, etc.
- Effective oral and written communication skills needed to draft and proofread correspondence, pleadings, and other legal documents.
- Experience tracking firm, attorney, and client expenses and using application software to process reimbursements and payments.
- Knowledge and ability to participate in client billing, including assisting attorneys in entering narratives, tracking billable tasks, making edits, calendaring billing due dates, and delivering bills to clients in electronic and paper forms.
- Schedule state court hearings by court requirements.
- Understand court requirements to calculate deadlines and ensure the attorney and team meet them.
- Schedule client appointments in coordination with the attorney.
- Possess knowledge of special events planning and coordination to organize attorney business development events.
- Managing electronic and paper case files.
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail and other correspondence.
- Answering, screening, directing, and placing telephone calls and emails.
- Consistently deliver outstanding client service and quality.
- The above description is intended to describe the general nature and work employees perform in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, equalize peak work periods, or balance the workload.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including extensive knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel, and experience working with law firm case management and billing software required. Knowledge of FileSite, CMS, SmartTime, and Aderant is a plus.
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
Other jobs you might like...
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™