Full Time Temporary/Contract|
$ 30 - $ 35 per hour
Full Time Temporary/Contract
$ 30 - $ 35 per hour
February 01, 2024|
Job ID: A1358461ERM_1706813512
February 01, 2024
Job ID: A1358461ERM_1706813512
Our client, a local family foundation, is seeking a Program Associate/Manager to join their team! This is a temp to hire opportunity, hybrid in Newton, and full time Monday through Friday, from 9-5. This role is paying up to 35/hour, dependent on experience. They are looking for someone with experience working for a foundation and is driven by the mission statement. Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply today!
The Foundation believes that inclusion and understanding of all people is essential to a fair and flourishing community. Guided by our Jewish values, we support effective programs, innovative partnerships, and a dynamic approach to philanthropy in our core areas of interest: advocating for, advancing awareness, and reducing the stigma associated with mental health among adults; fostering a more nuanced understanding of the American Jewish community among Israeli leaders; and modeling the practice of strategic philanthropy worldwide. The Foundation provides funding, leadership, expertise, and insight in both the U.S. and Israel.
The work of the Foundation reflects our core values of social justice, innovation, collaboration, and agility. We seek to publicize broadly what we do in our programs and how we do it, to inspire full inclusion and to encourage strategic philanthropy.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Foundation seeks an experienced and creative professional Program Associate to capitalize on the important mission and history of the organization as well as strengthen and expand the organization's program and grant activities. The Program Associate reports to the Deputy Director.
* Engaging stakeholders in promoting inclusion nationally and globally.
* Help develop quality programs and initiatives and deliver at a fast pace.
* Help develop and lead comprehensive, impactful, and innovative programs and grants in concert with the directors and staff.
* Accomplishes program objectives by selecting and overseeing consultants, community leaders and other business professionals; communicating expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing contributions.
* Oversees coordination of programs and grants to ensure appropriate and relevant content, as well as proper planning, execution, and evaluation.
* Provides direct and indirect communication and outreach to and requests and coordinates feedback from key service populations to inform program development and improvement.
* Represents the organization at professional conferences, association meetings, community meetings, and related events where appropriate.
* Drafts program budgets in concert with the Business Manager and manages program expense budget.
* Plays a key role in tracking the progress of Foundation Awardees, assessing their impact, and sourcing further opportunities for investment of Foundation resources.
* Assist in accomplishing program objectives by overseeing consultants, community leaders, and other business professionals; communicating expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising on behalf of us.
* Apply the Foundation's investment philosophy objectively and consistently across all the candidate organizations being considered, while at the same time continually raising the bar in key areas, like assessing impact, year over year.
* Provides ongoing communication to all stakeholders with regards to program outcomes.
* Coordinate direct and indirect communication and outreach, and to requests and coordinate feedback from key service populations to inform program development and improvement.
* Collaborates with advocacy and communications staff to produce newsletters, brochures, information pieces, and website content.
* Drafts program budgets.
* Draft progress reports.
* Positively contributes to the learning and collaborative spirit of an international foundation.
* Participates in the Foundation programs and always represents the organization in the best light.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
* BA degree required.
* Demonstrated experience in working toward positive social change.
* 4 years of work experience in the Philanthropic field.
* 2-3 years of Project Management experience.
* Skilled in developing educational programs and training.
* Advanced research and writing skills.
* Experience in budget development and fiscal management.
* Experienced in organizing online and offline events.
* Ability to lead and advance a team of professionals with a positive attitude.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Experience developing, building, and coordinating national and/or international programs.
* Experience working with philanthropic organizations and familiarity with Jewish Family giving initiatives.
* Ability to work in a family, small office environment.
* Self-starter with ability to keep on task to meet program deadlines.
* Social media and website management.
* Experienced in developing marketing materials.
* Loyalty, honesty, adaptability, and integrity.
* Able to use discretion where required.
* Able to communicate openly in a respectful manner with all levels of the Foundation.
* Common sense.
* Charismatic and personable.
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
Other jobs you might like...
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™