September 22, 2022|
Job ID: A1307301AN_1663861296
September 22, 2022
Job ID: A1307301AN_1663861296
Job Id: A1307301AN_1663861296 Apply Now
Our client, a reputable University located in Cambridge, MA is seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant to join their team on a temporary to permanent basis. This role is paying up to $28/hour on the contract side and 60K once permanent. The hours for this role will be Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm.
Under minimal supervision, the Senior Administrative Assistant provides high-level faculty and administrative support for multiple programs and projects. The Senior Administrative assistant must be able to synthesize, evaluate, and communicate clearly and evaluate tasks with an eye toward efficiency. Will anticipate and initiate actions regarding office operations which require in-depth knowledge of the Institute and other departments.
- Purchasing; completes all purchases on behalf of the faculty
- Financial Reimbursements; completes all requests for reimbursements on behalf of the faculty according to the Institutes policies and procedures.
- Maintains complex calendars; as necessary, may include collaboration with other administrative assistants.
- Scheduling; schedules diverse and complex appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements. Prepares complex itineraries for multiple constituents. Organizes and assists in general preparation for external agency and sponsor visits.
- Composes and edits internal and external correspondence and documents
- Deals with confidential issues (e.g., payroll or salary information, promotion, and tenure) using discretion and judgment
- Attends high-level meetings; records, interprets, drafts, and distributes (pending approval) minutes from said meetings
- Collaborates with other offices, programs, and centers in support of faculty and academic area activities. Serves as liaison between faculty and other groups internal/ external.
- Financial approver; approves travel reports, requests for reimbursements, and purchase card transactions for all faculty, other academic staff, and academic area staff; requires excellent knowledge of policies and procedures and strong attention to detail
- Purchasing; makes complex purchases on behalf of the academic area; gathers materials for complex contracts for submission to Procurement department
- Researches and responds to vendors/external parties requests to engage with faculty
- Reconciles faculty and area accounts
- Audits and reports/resolves discrepancies (monthly) all overdue un-expensed travel charges
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™