Customer Service Specialist
August 02, 2022|
Job ID: A1297077CHI_1659451017
August 02, 2022
Job ID: A1297077CHI_1659451017
Our client, a business management consultancy is looking for a Customer Service Specialist to join their team in the downtown Chicago area. In this position, you will complete a wide range of activities related to determining and documenting applicant(s) and/or participant eligibility. This position pays around $18/hr.
- Manage an assigned caseload of participants
- Conduct annual recertifications within required time frames
- Complete interim recertifications as required
- Conduct participant briefings
- Process and monitor participant moves to a new dwelling
- Determine housing assistance payment and tenant rent calculation
- Educate participants on program requirements and family obligations
- Resolve concerns between owners, tenants and the Public Housing Authority (PHA)
- Process all transactions within the PHA's required business systems
- Maintain accurate and complete applicant/participant files
- Provide excellent customer service to participants, landlords, co-workers, clients and vendors
- Conduct all job functions in alignment with the PHA's Administrative Plan, HUD regulations and other state and local requirements
- Obtain certification in Housing Choice Voucher Specialist within 120 days of employment
- Ensure regular attendance and punctuality
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Have at least a to a two-year degree from a regionally accredited institution
- 2+ years of work experience for a public agency, or related work in the social service or community service field preferred
- Provide lead direction on special projects or processes by clearly and effectively setting course of action
- Manage efficiency of processes, materials or programs by providing regular feedback and reinforcement to appropriate staff as required.
- Set high standards of performance
- Meet/exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Convey information clearly and effectively orally or in writing
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality
- Apply feedback to improve performance; monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Must abide by strict ethical standards, integrity, objectivity and confidentiality
Apply today to be considered!A1297077CHI_1659451017
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™