Cyber Security Project Manager
Los Angeles, California|
Los Angeles, California
September 01, 2022|
Job ID: LAXTT-CSPM2-JGC_1662064201
September 01, 2022
Job ID: LAXTT-CSPM2-JGC_1662064201
Job Id: LAXTT-CSPM2-JGC_1662064201 Apply Now
Long Term Contract
98% remote. Need candidates local to Los Angeles
Sr. Cyber Security PM
The Senior Project Manager leads delivery of enterprise programs and projects by building and sustaining collaborative relationships with staff, customers, partners, and key stakeholders. Responsible for executing program and project management deliverables for the university and the TMO. Oversees comprehensive program and project plans, controlling scope and directing project budget resources towards the completion of deliverables. Manages ambiguity and influence in a federated organization as an enthusiastic change agent.
THE WORK YOU WILL DO
The Senior Project Manager:
- Builds and sustains collaborative relationships with staff, departments, customers, partners, and key stakeholders in administrative and academic units. Maintains currency on current and future business needs, university-wide technology initiatives, and leading-edge project management practices.
- Establishes foundation for each project, working with sponsors to create robust, comprehensive project charters and baseline reports. Manages communications with project stakeholder and internal project teams.
- Drives continuous improvement, overseeing accurate, well-communicated scope, and the creation of actionable schedules and budgets for each project. Reports risks that may affect work progress and recommends mitigation strategies.
- Manages productivity and effectiveness of projects with varying complexities. Creates apt status reports, and maintains accurate tracking logs that organize budget, time, scope, and communication details.
- Timely identifies and proactively resolves issues, creating strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning, and escalating disruptions and dependencies to departmental leadership, as necessary.
- Owns project management methodology, applying tools, service management frameworks, and technology strategy to all projects. Utilizes pertinent change control processes, developing project progress and compliance reports, and presents regular updates by participating in project team meetings.
- Aids the cultivation of an inclusive environment and a culture of trust and transparency, sharing information broadly, openly, and deliberately. Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with diverse groups of peers, team members, and leadership.
- Collaborates with team members and management, implementing effective solutions to support the Enterprise Project Management Office's vision. Maintains currency with technology, standards, and best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
The ideal candidate for the position of Senior Project Manager meets the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, computer information systems, information technology, or relevant field.
- Eight (8) years of IT and Information Security project management experience or equivalent.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Agile Scrum, Lean Six Sigma, ITIL, and/or Organizational Change Management (OCM) certifications.
- Skilled and experienced in leading Information Security related initiatives; areas relating to enterprise security architecture, application security, security operations, information security governance and controls, identity and access management, third party risk management and vulnerability management.
- Work closely with the information security teams, technical and functional leads to drive project prioritization, planning and execution.
- Experience with remediation activities related to cybersecurity and security frameworks.
Empowers cross-functional teamwork; embraces world-class best practices; and promotes innovation, excellence, agility, and efficiency. To achieve this vision, the team is committed to providing a modern technology infrastructure that is resilient and delivers the performance necessary to meet the demands of a growing customer base, training in the latest technologies for its highly productive and motivated workforce, outstanding customer experience, and technology services that are aligned with the university's mission to provide exceptional learning opportunities for students. Creating a workplace where employees can develop cutting-edge skills, take pride in the services they provide, and have access to the roles and career paths that align to their abilities and potential.
We are looking for top talent to join us on our journey.
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™