Senior Investment Accountant
Direct (Permanent) Full Time|
Direct (Permanent) Full Time
November 13, 2023|
Job ID: F-1337043-GJH_1699901149
November 13, 2023
Job ID: F-1337043-GJH_1699901149
The Senior Investment Accountant is a critical role in our finance team, focusing on the accounting and analysis of our investment portfolio. This position involves complex accounting activities related to investment assets, ensuring accuracy and compliance with both statutory and GAAP accounting principles. The role demands a deep understanding of various investment types and the associated accounting treatments.
- Oversee and manage the accounting for a diverse range of investment portfolios, including equities, bonds, real estate, and other securities.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements for investment accounts, ensuring they comply with statutory and GAAP guidelines.
- Conduct month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes for investment portfolios, ensuring timely and accurate reporting.
- Collaborate with investment teams to understand and analyze investment strategies, transactions, and performance.
- Prepare detailed reports and presentations on investment performance, holdings, and valuation for senior management and external stakeholders.
- Ensure accurate recording of investment income, expenses, gains, and losses.
- Reconcile investment transactions and resolve discrepancies.
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards and policies related to investments.
- Provide support for internal and external audits by preparing necessary schedules and documentation.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulatory changes and impacts on investment accounting.
- Mentor and guide junior accounting staff, providing training and support as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; CPA or CFA designation preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, with a focus on investment or fund accounting.
- Strong understanding of investment accounting principles and financial instruments.
- Proficiency in financial accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, capable of explaining complex financial information in an understandable manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing multiple deadlines and projects.
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
Other jobs you might like...
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™