Junior Accountant // Accounts Receivable Specialist
Brooklyn, New York|
Full Time Temp to Hire|
Brooklyn, New York
Full Time Temp to Hire
September 12, 2023|
Job ID: F1348332-RH_1694530543
September 12, 2023
Job ID: F1348332-RH_1694530543
A large facilities management company in the Borough Park neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY is looking for a Junior Accountant professional to join their team on a contract-to-hire basis. This is a full-time role in office role that requires someone who familiar with accounts receivable and bank reconciliation, specifically collections.
- 1-3 years of AR/Accounting experience (running aging reports, handling collections & bank reconciliations)
- QuickBooks (QuickBooks Enterprise preferred)
- Very technically savvy
- Process check deposits electronically, accurately recording all transactions.
- Reconcile deposits in Quickbooks to maintain accurate financial records.
- Prepare and analyze Accounts Receivable aging reports to monitor outstanding balances.
- Manage proactive communications with customers, ensuring collections are completed within 30 days of billing.
- Conduct diligent follow-up on aged receivables, providing clear communication and detailed written reports per customer.
- Record ACH deposits in the bank system, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
- Perform monthly bank account reconciliation for multiple entities to ensure financial accuracy.
- Follow up on outstanding transactions and discrepancies to maintain up-to-date financial records.
- Be receptive to additional duties assigned by the manager as needed to support the finance team and company operations.
What you need to be successful:
- Possession of an Accounting diploma and/or active progress toward a CPA certification. Relevant training and coursework will also be considered.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in an accounting role, with a specific emphasis on bank reconciliations.
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and a strong adherence to good work practices.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience using Quickbooks, with a preference for experience with Quickbooks Enterprise
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining accurate financial records.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills to effectively manage multiple responsibilities.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to facilitate customer interactions and reporting.
- Proficiency in MS Suite
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
Other jobs you might like...
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™