Laboratory Technician II
January 18, 2023|
Job ID: 1296450_1674065907
January 18, 2023
Job ID: 1296450_1674065907
Job Id: 1296450_1674065907 Apply Now
We are currently looking for a Laboratory technician for an innovative and well-funded, full-service veterinary clinical diagnostic laboratory. The position is primarily centered around performing diagnostic testing on biological samples in areas of hematology, urinalysis, chemistry, and fluid analysis.
If you are a Veterinary Technician looking to transfer your skills to a laboratory setting or a Medical Laboratory Technician in search of your next position, we would be happy to hear from you!
- Day-to-day responsibilities include assisting the team in Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Operations associated with laboratory testing, equipment, facility, and materials
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Monitor and operate instrumentation
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies, as necessary
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor
- MT/MLT/CLS and 0 to 5+ years of lab experience
- CVT/RVT/LVT and 1 to 5+ years of lab experience
- Associates degree and 1 to 5+ years of lab experience
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and work within a clinical laboratory team, including creative problem solving and flexibility to meet rapid growth
- IT and LIS (laboratory information systems) experience and general comfort level with computer systems, technology, and equipment interfaces
- Able to read and understand Standard Operating Procedures, troubleshoot sophisticated laboratory instruments in a timely manner, and have a working knowledge of LIS procedures
- Strong computer skills and ability to work within windows and Laboratory Information System environment
- Able to lift up to 30lbs
- Proficient knowledge in Hematology, Chemistry, Urinalysis, or fluid analysis
- Other experience considered as applicable
- All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US
- Sample analysis in one or more of the following areas: Hematology, Urinalysis, Clinical Chemistry, Fluid Analysis
- Immediate preference given to candidates that have experience with any of the following instruments: Advia 2120i, Immulite 2000 XPi, AU680/5800, Clinitek Advantus, or Stago STarT
- AMT or ASCP
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™