Associate Scientist / Scientist
Full Time Temporary/Contract|
Full Time Temporary/Contract
November 07, 2023|
Job ID: LD_1353569_1699385133
November 07, 2023
Job ID: LD_1353569_1699385133
Beacon Hill Life Sciences is actively recruiting for an Associate Scientist / Scientist to work a contract assignment in Boston, MA.
The Associate Scientist / Scientist will be developing and validating assays.
Assignment is to be 6 months, with possibility of extension.
Position requires being on-site fulltime.
Candidate must have automation, molecular biology (assay development/mammalian cell culture) and Python/SQL experience to be considered for this assignment.
Qualification notes include:
- Automation experience - Hamilton, mammalian applications (chromatography would be nice to have)
- Biochemistry/cellular biology preferred over chemistry
- Anion exchange chemistry, scaling HPLC methods
- assay development using analytical methods (HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, organic synthesis) with nucleic acids
- Bioinformatics, coding (Python, SQL), technical acumen
Associate Scientist / Scientist will be responsible for the following:
- Design and execute high-throughput screens to generate and interpret data supporting the development of new processes (develop and validate assays in plates and generate large data sets/metadata).
- Learn and apply recent technical and scientific advances to your work, troubleshooting, data analytics and reporting.
- Analyze large data sets and report data to internal and external clients.
- Leverage automation to support and troubleshoot assay development and screen execution efforts.
Experience required includes:
- BS, MS or PhD in Life Science discipline with at least 2 years of industry experience with the following:
- Mammalian cell culture, transfections, flow cytometry, and/or high-content screening
- Development, executing and/or validating of assays
- Python and SQL experience (will need to use SQL and Python to perform data analysis on lab findings but also be able to visualize the data for insights. Prefers someone that has exposure to both SQL and Python.)
- Automation - Experience with plate readers and liquid handlers
- Proficiency in maintaining an ELM and utilizing Python, Spotfire experience to analyze large data sets, and a desire to learn new programming languages and software tools.
- Need to have willingness to learn and take on new challenges, and be part of interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot errors independently.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines/timelines.
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
Other jobs you might like...
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™