St. Louis, Missouri|
Full Time Temporary/Contract|
St. Louis, Missouri
Full Time Temporary/Contract
September 11, 2023|
Job ID: LS1289882NJN-HR_1694456039
September 11, 2023
Job ID: LS1289882NJN-HR_1694456039
Summary of Position
The Project Manager reports to the Director Capital and will manage and support the capital needs of R&D/Operations strategic projects and initiatives as well as the site MOB programs. The Project Manager of Capital Projects is responsible for both identifying, scoping, and implementation of the capital requirements for new product development opportunities, and MOB projects for our North America. Responsibilities include cost estimating, equipment layout, detailed design, contractor selection, and implementation of all capital projects. The Project Manager will work closely with individual internal customers to ensure the capital portion of the NPD/MOB projects meets the overall project needs. The individual in this role will be a member of the NPI organization and interact with all levels of leaders across operations/R&D and cross functionally with the North American leadership team.
- Closely interact with all Operations Leadership Team (OLT) members and their respective functions to establish the capital budget, set capital priorities, and execute on capital requirements.
- Work closely with Portfolio Management, R&D, PMO and site focus factory management to provide support for all capital initiatives defined by our leadership team.
- Work with the PMO group during concept phase to provide scoping, scheduling, and cost information for capital requirements for new products.
- Work with the Engineering department to ensure capital purchases meet the site requirements.
- Work closely with the Engineering department to keep site equipment standards current.
- Coordinate with maintenance team and outside contracting team supporting New Product Development, and Maintenance of Business.
- Conduct field inspections during implementation and installation of capital equipment for all New Product Development and Maintenance of Business projects. A minimum of 10% of the time should be spent on field review.
- Coordinate and organize (agenda, minutes, tracking, planning) meetings and provide input for site specific meetings such as Town hall meetings and the site monthly report out meetings.
- Develop Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR) for NPD/MOB projects.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on engineering standards and construction practices.
- Through Project Management systems, capture and share information from each project to drive continuous improvement and best practices.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in capital project management, pharmaceutical experience preferred.
- Technical understanding of the pharmaceutical development process from concept to launch; preferably in finished dosage products.
- Knowledge / experience in aseptic / terminally sterile operations; isolator technology, tech transfer and scale up techniques with experience in manufacturing operations preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, conflict management, priority setting, strategic agility, building effective teams, managing vision and purpose.
- Proficiency in computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and experience with Project Management software.
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
Other jobs you might like...
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™