Cisco SDA Network Engineer_Hyrbrid
Liberty, North Carolina|
Direct (Permanent) Full Time|
Liberty, North Carolina
Direct (Permanent) Full Time
February 05, 2024|
Job ID: MADTS0205_1707149913
February 05, 2024
Job ID: MADTS0205_1707149913
This is a hybrid role which requires a couple days onsite per month.
Cisco Software Defined Access (SDA) Network Engineer
The SDA Cisco Software Defined Access (SDA) Network Engineer is responsible for maintaining consistent contact with customers to ensure that services conform to requirements. This position provides a broad range of services in the assessment of customer's digital network architecture including Routing and Switching, Security, and Wireless technologies. The SDA Network Engineer also engages with other divisional engineer resources to provide appropriate resolution for our customers and requires in-depth knowledge of the customer's infrastructure and configurations.
The primary focus of this role is:
- Developing and rolling out new technologies to the company; including Cisco Software Defined Access (SDA).
- Cisco DNA Center (DNAC) delivery, especially Provisioning, Assurance and Automation services.
- Cisco wired and wireless technologies including traditional routing, switching and network security technologies.
- Implementation and configuration of Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE).
- Planning and deploying Cisco Wired and Wireless networks including liaising with on-site installation teams to ensure accurate and timely network deliveries.
- Provide technical support for the implementation and integration of products and services.
- Lead and contribute to the setting of technical strategies and standards, the delivery of Network Engineering projects and provide level-3 technical support across the global network infrastructure.
- Seek and recommend alternative processes to improve service delivery to the customer in a cost-effective way.
- Develop documentation that produces complete system requirements or specifications as appropriate.
- Effectively consult with customers on IT strategy, technology solutions and improvements to their IT infrastructure or services.
- Create presentations and present solution proposals to technical and executive audiences. Provide some mentoring to more junior team members.
- 7+ years hands-on network engineering experience for global enterprise(s), Manufacturing sector experience preferred.
- 4+ years experience designing and deploying with Cisco campus and data center routers and switches with associated technologies and protocols.
- 4+ years experience with Cisco firewalls, as well as an understanding of web proxies and load-balancers.
- 4+ years experience extracting requirements, producing designs, strategies, and project plans, leading to solution implementation, and high-quality operational handovers with detailed documentation and staff training.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and insurance.
- Availability to consult, assist, and/or perform after-hours support and participate in on-call rotations.
- One or more industry standard certifications preferred; CCIE Cisco certification or equivalent a strong plus.
- Scripting experience and providing automation solutions for networks (Python, Ansible, Terraform) is highly desirable.
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) including distributed PAN, PSN, MnT and pxGrid personas.
- Cisco WiFi solutions including WiFi 5 and 6, as well as RF management and monitoring tools.
- Cisco routing and switching including OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, VXLAN, Layer-1 and 2 technologies.
- Cisco and Checkpoint solutions for firewalling and remote access.
- Encryption technologies including VPNs, IPSec and MACsec.
- Flexible and able to shift rapidly with a constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to run projects, working independently as well as within a team.
- Must possess ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and deliver when under pressure.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, as well as strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach and willingness to work out of hours as required is essential.
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
Other jobs you might like...
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™