Network Infrastructure Product Owner Team Lead
San Diego, California|
Direct (Permanent) Full Time|
$ 150,000 - $ 170,000 per year
San Diego, California
Direct (Permanent) Full Time
$ 150,000 - $ 170,000 per year
September 02, 2022|
Job ID: T1284507SAN_1662145336
September 02, 2022
Job ID: T1284507SAN_1662145336
Job Id: T1284507SAN_1662145336 Apply Now
The Product Owner Team Lead - Network Infrastructure & Cloud is a member of an agile team, primarily responsible for defining user stories (i.e., a short description of a unit of work to be delivered within an agile sprint, detailing the desired system or software functionality written in the user's language] and prioritizing backlog of user stories based on value for the customer. You will have frequent customer-facing interactions to draft objectives and strategies and drive innovation through products or services.
As a team lead and representative of the delivery team, you will navigate increasingly complex IT and Business environments with more cross-team or external dependencies (i.e., reliance and interrelatedness with other systems, applications, platforms, and workstreams which result in a more challenging product to manage due to the additional risk), including people, process and technology, and stakeholder interest for a more complex product or capability. They maximize business value within a product or capability, ensuring the team focuses on a mix of net new development, improvement, support, and innovation.
As a supervisor, provides oversight to members of agile teams, helping to ensure that agile teams are prioritizing work effectively, and managing their delivery sprints to meet expectations.
- Captures and documents user stories to inform priority and sprint planning. As the owner of a more complex product, may capture stories from multiple stakeholders, and take in stores from other teams. Defines stories and features according to quality standards for clarity. Acts as a trusted advisor and liaison between the team and its stakeholders. Proactively aligns with business partners to understand business value resulting in a clear sprint plan and priority. Collaborates across product teams to ensure that cross-team dependencies are understood and managed. Communicates the value of complex stories to the scrum team and ensures user stories are well-formed with clear acceptance criteria. Manages team sprint plan and a healthy backlog, a list of prioritized work that is well defined and ready to be delivered within a two-week sprint.
- Defines and communicates the team's roadmap and vision for a 3-6 month time horizon. Manages complex business needs, relationships, and more complex products, with full authority. Identifies and qualifies potential opportunities with the business clients for the backlog. focusing on quarterly planning. Ensures that the value delivered is measurable. Drives communication of product's roadmap with an eye towards continuous innovation and improvement. Proactively champions new delivery opportunities.
- Maintains a healthy backlog of work for the team, focused on business value. Engages with business stakeholders to understand their needs. Drives prioritization of work items to focus on business value delivered, balancing net new development opportunities against innovation, improvement and product support. Understands and communicates the value of the user stories. Drives demos and creates feedback loops between the team and their stakeholders/clients. Provides feedback to the team on the work completed. Reviews and accepts user stories and features as completed, ensuring that they have met all acceptance criteria and the needs of the end-user.
- Prepares for and participates in agile ceremonies. Writes features and creates a quarterly plan for a more complex product. Partners with other Product Owners to plan around dependencies and resolve impediments. Participates in planning activities across the enterprise, including group-level planning activities that involve the work of multiple agile teams, such as quarterly planning or program increment (PI) planning. Participates in group events to review outputs and progress across teams. Writes features([i.e., a grouping of work defined in an agile way and made up of individual units of work that can be performed within a two-week sprint) and creates a quarterly plan for a more complex product.
- Acts as direct supervisor to a team of employees. Holds responsibility for performance management activities, addressing staffing needs, people-related administrative activities, managing employee relations, and other people management duties as required. Supports team members in their individual development and continuous improvement, including goal setting and training plans. Leads development and implementation of high-performance, fault-tolerant (i.e., resilient, and able to continue operating in event of failure of one or more components), secure and scalable technology. Oversees implementation of new technologies, coordinating teams to install, configure, and maintain technology systems. Leads complex (e.g., those with significant dependencies and potential impacts to other systems, applications, and teams) and/or scalable technology changes according to delivery framework for business-critical functional areas while following established designs and configurations. Consults with product teams on engineering and operational topics relevant to their domain. Provides domain-relevant input and oversight where needed for applications and systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Adaptability and Learning Agility - Ability to learn, adapt, unlearn, and relearn to rapidly adapt to changing business needs, processes, standards, and tools; a strong ability to prioritize and reprioritize work. Advanced
- Product Management - Strong product management skills, including an ability to communicate and inspire product vision, strategy and roadmap, apply unique business insights, prioritize work to be completed, and make sound decisions aligned to business goals. Intermediate
- Value Realization - Strong ability to identify the benefits provided by a proposed user story or feature relative to the effort that it will require from the team in order to drive the effective prioritization of work to maximize the benefits delivered by the team to the customer. Advanced
- Experience in working with networking and security technologies in a multi-vendor environment, including physical infrastructure communications (microwave, fiber, DWDM, wireless radios, field area networks) Working knowledge of current routing, switching, wireless, firewall, load-balancing, and virtualized networking technologies. Intermediate
- Agile Methodologies - Knowledge of concepts, including Agile Scrum and/or Kanban, and application of Agile methodology (e.g., Lean, SAFe, LeSS) for project management to be able to design, implement and manage projects.Intermediate
- User Experience - Strong understanding of how users will interact with systems, applications, and products, with an ability to design applications and interfaces that are consumable and easy to navigate. Advanced
- Automation and Security Concepts - Knowledge of Automation and Security Concepts (e.g., test automation, code coverage, DevSecOps, CI/CD pipelines, etc.).Intermediate
- Agile Tools - Knowledge of Agile Tools, such as Azure, Jira, etc. Intermediate
Licenses and Certifications:
- Technical networking certifications Preferred
- Agile Scrum, Product Owner or Scrum Master certifications such as Certified Product Owner Certification or Certified Scrum Master Certification.
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™