Laboratory Operations Technician
Full Time Temporary/Contract|
Full Time Temporary/Contract
February 01, 2024|
Job ID: P1363013BOSJB_1706817122
February 01, 2024
Job ID: P1363013BOSJB_1706817122
We are looking for an energetic, engaged, organized, Facilities Lab Support Technician to support our client's Facilities/Lab Operations. The ideal candidate will be results-oriented, hospitality-focused, professional and a team player. Strong organizational, time-management, communication, collaboration, adaptability, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills are essential. This is an in-person and on-site position. Active member of the Facilities Engineering Health, Safety/Environmental team that models compliant and safe laboratory behaviors.
The core work hours are (Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM) with availability to work outside of core business hours as needed.
- Practice safe work habits and adhere to Health, Safety/Environmental procedures, and guidelines.
- Knowledge of GLP
- Knowledge of OSHA guidelines
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance work orders as directed.
- Support and perform laboratory cleanouts, chemical inventory, and calibration.
- Conducts daily rounds and documents readings as assigned.
- Ensure a safe, functional, well-organized, and vibrant lab workspace.
- Perform HSE laboratory safety inspections and work with management to close out findings.
- Support coordination of waste removal from labs, ensuring use of appropriate waste streams with appropriate third-party vendors.
- Perform glass-wash and autoclave duties while maintaining glass-wash related inventory.
- Assist with general scheduled maintenance of equipment to include defrosting cold storage chambers, sterilization of incubators, decontamination of water-baths, and bio-safety cabinets.
- Occasional support to alarms and on-call responses.
- Transportation and Monitoring of Compressed Gas and ability to change cylinders/tanks safely.
- Perform routine safety showers, eye wash, fire extinguisher safety checks.
- Other duties will be assigned as this position is dynamic and evolving.
- High school diploma, associate degree or equivalent.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with exceptional follow-up abilities
- Upbeat and positive attitude, with a willingness to always go above and beyond.
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative in daily responsibilities and tasks.
- Able to operate in a fast-paced professional office environment; handle or operate.
- Lab certifications such as DOT, HazMat, RCRA, BBP, a plus but not required
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
Other jobs you might like...
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™