Paralegal – Corporate Transactions
January 09, 2023|
Job ID: L09412 - KAM_1673300069
January 09, 2023
Job ID: L09412 - KAM_1673300069
Job Id: L09412 - KAM_1673300069 Apply Now
Beacon Hill Legal is searching for a Corporate Paralegal who will is experienced in supporting attorneys with large, complex transactions including M&A and Private Equity deals for our mid size law firm client. This is a full time, permanent position with flexibility to work from home primarily. 35 hour work week, overtime is limited. The Corporate Paralegal will be expected to handle the following:
- Drafts and files certificate of incorporation and certificate of formation, typically in Delaware but also other jurisdictions
- Drafts and files statutory filings with Secretary of State, including amendments, conversions, mergers, and dissolutions, typically in Delaware but also other jurisdictions
- Prepares and files final annual reports in connection with conversions, mergers and dissolutions
- Drafts written board consents in lieu of a meeting and written stockholder consents in lieu of a meeting, including both organizational and transactional closing matters
- Drafts resolutions to be presented at a board meeting and/or stockholder meeting
- Prepares basic organization documents, including initial stock subscription agreement, stock certificates and stock ledger, typically for Delaware but also other jurisdictions
- Completes and files Form SS-4s to obtain EINs
- Maintains stock ledgers
- Conducts research to assist attorneys in determining jurisdictions for qualification
- Prepares and files qualification and withdrawal applications
- Orders lien searches and summarizes lien search results
- Calculates Delaware franchise tax (both methods); also calculates franchise tax for other jurisdictions
- Prepares and files UCC's
- Assists with closing and post-closing activities including drafting checklists, written consents approving closing agreements, certificates including secretary and officer certificates, distribute signature pages and certified copies.
Requires experience in mergers & acquisition or other corporate areas including, capital markets, private equity, debt finance, and/or asset-backed securitization. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of corporate paralegal experience preferably from a large or mid size law firm. Candidates must be highly organized and comfortable billing 1500+ hours annually.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a local, mid size law firm with some top notch clients and sophisticated case work! They have an awesome work life balance at this firm and they are extremely flexible with WFH.
If you're an experienced Corporate Paralegal looking to take your skills to the next level - apply today! Salaries DOE up to $150k
*only qualified applicants will be contacted*L09412 - KAM_1673300069
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™