Security & Network Engineer
Direct (Permanent) Full Time|
$ 95,000 - $ 105,000 per year
Direct (Permanent) Full Time
$ 95,000 - $ 105,000 per year
September 02, 2022|
Job ID: STLSecurityCA_1662137543
September 02, 2022
Job ID: STLSecurityCA_1662137543
Job Id: STLSecurityCA_1662137543 Apply Now
About the Position
- Manages the daily operations, health, and maintenance of Touchette Regional Hospital and SIHF Healthcare's security threat posture and cybersecurity & network infrastructure.
- Develops a deep understanding of the threat landscape and ensures cybersecurity technology is effectively configured to detect threats.
- Ensures that cybersecurity plans, controls, processes, standards, policies, and procedures are aligned with Touchette Regional Hospital and SIHF Healthcare IT and cybersecurity standards
- Develops, documents, maintains, and communicates Touchette Regional Hospital and SIHF Healthcare's governance models and compliance codes and standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implements, manages and/or monitors endpoint anti-virus & malware, content-filtering, disk encryption, data loss prevention solutions, multi factor authentication systems, device profiling systems, firewall rules, network ACLs, server configuration monitoring, network logging consolidation and event correlation systems.
- Develops vulnerability remediation documentation and assists in the remediation of vulnerabilities both on server and network systems both cloud and physical.
- Documents systems with vulnerability's that are not able to be remediated, develops an action plan to secure those devices and communicates this information to stakeholder's and senior management.
- Develops expertise in scanning and monitoring networks or server systems for attacks, malicious software, intrusions, and threats.
- Develops an understanding of the organization's current threat posture and uses a variety of tools to understand emerging threat patterns and gauge potential impacts to day to day business processes.
- Develops deep expertise in a single security process (e.g., network/endpoint security), and starts to develop expertise in the other security processes such as knowledge of cloud security and integration with the current security environment at Touchette Regional Hospital and SIHF Healthcare
- Develops attack and penetration technologies to reduce threat landscape while looking for creative ways to save money and time where possible.
- Works with the business divisions to ensure employees are following and understand security policies and procedures.
- Provides cybersecurity and network support for operational systems and assists in business planning, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Executes risk management initiatives to assess risk and gather information/data for defining/updating policy/standards.
- Interprets risks and impacts of new technology, emerging patterns and trends and provides updates/reports to senior team members and management on a regular basis.
- Develops monitoring use cases, tests, and assesses the effectiveness of Digital controls.
- Knowledge of the TCP and IP protocol suite, 802.1x, RADIUS, TACACS+, DNS, MFA, Dynamic/Static Routing, L2 Switching, SDWAN, VPN (Remote Access & Site to Site), SSL Certificates, Wireless Protocols, Authentication & Encryption Standards.
- Experience working with Network Packet Analyzers, Next-Generation Antivirus, Endpoint Detection and Response, Cyber Threat Intelligence and Threat Hunting Tools.
- Engages and communicates effectively with internal personnel, external vendors, or contacts in day to day activities and fosters positive business relationships.
- Educates the various business units on the different IT or cybersecurity strategies, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Executes projects and programs for the Network and Security team as required.
- Prepares and works with the different stakeholders to develop business continuity, disaster recovery and incident response plans
- Develop methods or propose technologies to protect data at rest when required.
- Will be required to provide on-call support in rotating intervals and emergency support as needed.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, preferably in computer science, cybersecurity, network engineering, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Professional certification (e.g. CCNP Security) preferred, (CCNA Security, Security+) considered.
- Experience working with Next-Generation Endpoint Protection Platforms such as (Crowdstrike) preferred, (SentinelOne or CarbonBlack) considered.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of managing and securing technologies of the specific platform.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in defensive and adversarial techniques/tactics - authentication mechanisms, intrusion mechanisms, networking, and server systems.
- Strong knowledge of common security tools.
- Desire to work as part of a team with strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills rapidly in support of the IT organization across a variety of different operating systems, protocols, applications, or technologies.
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™