Senior Elixir Technical Lead – remote
August 05, 2022|
Job ID: T1301603-PHI_1659724998
August 05, 2022
Job ID: T1301603-PHI_1659724998
Our client is looking for Senior Elixir to join their team. This is a permanent position by way of contract to hire. This team enjoys working together and this has the capability to be a fully remote role working on a variety of projects. They encourage you to learn new skills and will be happy to mentor you into new avenues for your technical career.
- Ruby, Elixir, C# and Web Development for migrations, upgrades, consolidations as four companies merge systems together.
- Own system uptimes and system performance characteristics
- Have extensive system knowledge, architectural design, and solution design
- Provide mentoring and technical support to development team members - be a part of a very collaborative environment
- Actively engage in strategic planning discussions with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Take many abstract ideas and modify code to a practical solution that meets the businesses' needs.
- Have the ability to break down high-level system initiatives into workable user stories for the team to work on.
- Participate in all phases of the development lifecycle in support of team's goals.
- Support and develop software engineers by giving advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
- Participate in the daily scrums, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Continue to have a working knowledge of emerging technologies as well as new developments in older technologies - attend meet-ups, read books, follow open source projects, etc.
- 5+ years of development experience
- Strong hands on development experience with Elixir is an absolute must (in a paid position)
- Ability to work in collaborative teams and mentor junior developers.
- Be able to write clean code and help guide other team members to do the same
- The ability to recognize code smells and refactor fiercely when you see them
- Being able to understand the architecture of systems that reach multiple business domains and expedite the design of the context you work in to refine that ecosystem
- Expert-level with RDBMS and can effectively use an ORM with suitable patterns
- Ability to implement complex frameworks and understand the purpose of them
- Belief in continuous delivery principles and aim to keep our product shippable at all times
- Passion for Agile principles and ability to actively engage in key rituals such as grooming and planning sessions as well as being comfortable estimating and calling out blockers early
- Excellent communication skills to work with business users and across multiple IT teams efficiently
- Greenfield development experience
- C# experience
- Direct commerce (or ecometry or red prairie)
- JDE experience (JD EDWARDS)
- Prism (Point of Sale)
- Retail Pro
- E-commerce/retail domain knowledge
- Other Web related experience
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™