Senior Research Associate
South San Francisco, California|
South San Francisco, California
September 19, 2022|
Job ID: 1306272TD_1663620372
September 19, 2022
Job ID: 1306272TD_1663620372
Job Id: 1306272TD_1663620372 Apply Now
We are seeking a highly motivated, well-organized and laboratory-focused senior or principal research associate that will play a key role in designing and executing cell-based assays and developing new platforms to evaluate our proprietary compounds. The successful candidate will work in a multidisciplinary team and contribute to the generation of novel therapeutics for the treatment of cancer. Position level will be commensurate with experience.
What you'll do:
- Design research experiments and work independently to execute experiments
- Perform in vitro cellular assays to enable screening and mechanism of action studies for potential anti-cancer therapeutics
- Generate engineered cell lines for screening assays
- Maintain and culture tumor and non-tumorigenic cell lines
- Analyze and interpret scientific data
- Troubleshoot assays to ensure high quality data
- Interface closely with scientists in the research group to ensure assays and screening efforts are aligned to the scientific project goals
- Present data and report on project status at individual, Biology group and departmental research meetings
- A minimum of a B.S. degree in cancer/cell/molecular biology or related area
- B.S./M.S. with 3+ years relevant research experience, preferably in drug discovery in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays to evaluate viability (small molecule compound screening), protein level analysis (western blot), gene expression analysis (qRT-PCR) and other functional/molecular biology assays
- Experience with siRNA transfection/shRNA transduction, CRISPR-based gene editing,
flow cytometry and immunofluorescence is a plus
- Ability to develop, optimize and troubleshoot new cell-based assays
- Efficient time management and the ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and effectively communicate with multiple research teams
- Has the ability to work independently and adapt to shifting priorities and timelines
- Attention to detail and enthusiasm for integrating basic science learnings with drug discovery efforts
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™