Senior Systems Administrator—Madison, WI
Full Time Temporary/Contract|
Full Time Temporary/Contract
September 19, 2022|
Job ID: hsmad91922_1663603792
September 19, 2022
Job ID: hsmad91922_1663603792
Job Id: hsmad91922_1663603792 Apply Now
This role is onsite in Madison, WI 3 days a week with Mondays and Friday's remote if desired.
Position Summary: The Senior Systems Administrator is part of the Enterprise IT Infrastructure team. The team is responsible for deploying, supporting and maintaining the network, compute, and storage infrastructure for this company. This position is responsible for software and hardware upgrades to servers, SAN, cloud services and backup systems. The Senior Systems Administrator provides support to the development, testing, operation, and service of companies systems and products. The Senior Systems Administrator helps define long-term software and infrastructure design while also supporting the live environment.
- Deploy, configure and troubleshoot critical infrastructure such as servers, SAN, and backup appliances
- Administer, update and support multiple data centers VMware infrastructure
- Manage, upgrade and administer Active Directory and Windows Server infrastructure
- Administer, update and support Microsoft O365 environment
- Apply patches, configure security, and handle change control in accordance with best practices
- Communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users, peers and customers
- Prepare and maintain system documentation and standards of work
Required Technical Skills
- Technical training in an Information Technology related field
- 5 or more years of systems administration support preferred
- Broad knowledge of server software, hardware, and operating systems
- Expertise with Microsoft server products: Exchange, Active Directory, SQL, TFS, etc.
- Expertise with VMware, Citrix and other data center technologies
- Experience with data center hardware (servers, SAN, fiber channel switches, etc.)
- Experience with cloud service providers (Azure, AWS, IBM, Google, etc.)
- Ability to research solutions or information regarding technical issues.
Required Soft Skills
- Customer service focused individual with the ability to handle customer interactions with diplomacy and tact
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to gauge the customer's technical ability and communicate with them in an appropriate technical or non-technical language
- Must have a good command of the English language to provide effective phone, desk-side, and email support
- Ability to handle confidential information in an appropriate manner
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™