Software Development Manager – remote
August 05, 2022|
Job ID: T1301600-PHI_1659725549
August 05, 2022
Job ID: T1301600-PHI_1659725549
Our client is looking for a Development Manager to join their growing team. This is a permanent position by way of contract to hire. This team enjoys working together, is high collaborative, and this is a fully remote role working on a variety of projects. They encourage you to learn new skills and will be happy to mentor you into new avenues for your technical career. This position is responsible for meeting the needs of our customers (internal and external) through effective use of technology throughout the life cycle of the solution. This person should possess in-depth knowledge of software life cycles and software practices and how to best apply them for short and long-term sustainable systems and teams.
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
- Hire new software engineers to fill out existing and future scrum teams
- Communicates project and team status outside the team to stakeholders according to prioritized business goals and information needs
- Ensure transparent communication on delivery commitments.
- Maintain a working knowledge of existing and emerging technologies
- Develop and implement software development methodologies and processes to improve quality and increase team effectiveness
- Work with Product Management to estimate, schedule and provide resource allocation for software development tasks within the team and coordinate with project managers and other departments to get projects released on time
- Engages with stakeholders to understand needs, priorities, and to capture requirements that are developed into strategic initiatives
- Engage with stakeholders to understand needs, priorities, and to capture requirements for operational needs.
- Ensure team solutions are highly available, secure, and scalable.
- Have in-depth system knowledge, architectural design, and solution design
- Be an active participant in strategic planning discussions with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- E-commerce/retail domain knowledge
- Experience with continuous delivery principles and will strive to keep our product shippable at all times
- Passion for Agile principles and participate actively in important rituals such as grooming and planning sessions as well as being comfortable estimating and willing to call out blockers early
- Degree in computer related field with some courses in software and programming
- Experience managing a team of developers - preferably experience managing Ruby and/or Elixir developers (will consider .Net as well)
- A thorough understanding of software development lifecycle and Agile/Scrum software methodologies.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and adapt throughout an epic or story to meet business needs.
- LOB (line of business - backend applications) experience
- Experience with JDEdwards is a huge plus
- Team Velocity
- Feedback from internal stakeholders
- Lead time/Cycle Time
- On time project completion
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™