Senior Cloud Engineer -Network Security and Vulnerability Mgt
Full Time Temporary/Contract|
Full Time Temporary/Contract
August 25, 2023|
Job ID: T1339859BCC_1692993573
August 25, 2023
Job ID: T1339859BCC_1692993573
Our client is a leading fortune 500 technology solutions provider dedicated to enhancing network security and ensuring the integrity of cloud infrastructure. We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Cloud Engineer to join our team and contribute to the management of network security using Palo Alto Networks' Panorama tool and vulnerability assessment using Tenable.io platform integrated with Splunk.
- Location: Remote (must be in the United States)
- Duration: Initially 6 months plus the ability to extend
- Collaborate with the IT and security teams to design, implement, and manage network security policies using Palo Alto Networks' Panorama tool.
- Configure and manage firewalls, threat prevention, URL filtering, application awareness, user identification, sandboxing, file blocking, access control, and data filtering within the Panorama security rule base.
- Monitor network traffic and security events to ensure the effectiveness of security policies and timely response to potential threats.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement security best practices, ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Integrate Tenable's vulnerability assessment tools with Splunk to monitor and troubleshoot network, servers, and cloud environments.
- Utilize Tenable's Web App Scanning Add-on for Splunk to collect and normalize data for effective vulnerability assessment.
- Perform regular vulnerability scans, analyze scan results, and work with relevant teams to remediate identified vulnerabilities.
- Experience with creating and deploying various AWS network resources (VPCs, subnets, security groups, route tables, and VPN connections. EC2 instances, load balancers, etc.) using Terraform.
- Create Ansible playbooks and roles to automate the deployment and configuration of tools and applications within the AWS environment.
- Maintain documentation related to network security configurations, vulnerability assessment procedures, and incident response plans.
- Stay updated with the latest trends and developments in cloud security and vulnerability management to continuously enhance the company's practices.
- Due to nature of the work being conducted, US Citizenship is required
- Proven experience as a Cloud Engineer or similar role, with a focus on network security and vulnerability management.
- Hands-on experience with Palo Alto Networks' Panorama tool for configuring and managing network security policies.
- Familiarity with Palo Alto firewall rules, threat prevention, URL filtering, application awareness, user identification, sandboxing, and other related features.
- Experience with Tenable's vulnerability assessment tools and their integration with Splunk.
- Strong understanding of AWS cloud security best practices
- Hands on experience in terraform IaC deployments.
- Strong Experience in building CI/CD (Gitlab, Jenkins) and deployment automation
- Proficiency in scripting languages (Python, PowerShell) for automation is desirable.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills to effectively convey complex technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Palo Alto Panorama
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (Master's preferred).
- Relevant certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect, PCNSA, PCNSE, CISSP, CompTIA Security+, etc., are a plus.
I want more jobs like this in my inbox weekly.
Other jobs you might like...
About Beacon Hill
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™